Who we are
Creative Director: Una
Artist & writer, author of four graphic novels, life story researcher.
We are looking for freelance artistic practitioners to join us. Use the contact form to express an interest.
Dramaturge: Sara Alkins
Performing artist and community theatre practitioner.
Our voluntary members
We are overseen by a small team of trustees from human rights law, women’s services and academia. They share their knowledge and hold us to account.
- Some statistical information from Rape Crisis England
- 20% of women and 4% of men have experienced sexual assault since the age of 16, equivalent to 3.4 million female and 631,000 male victims.
- Approximately 90% of those who are raped know the perpetrator prior to the offence
- Only 15% report sexual violence to police. Conviction rates for rape are far lower than other crimes; only 5.7% of reported rape cases end in a conviction for the perpetrator.
- Some statistical information from the Femicide Census
- 149 women were killed by 147 men in the UK in 2018
- 91 women (61%) were killed by their current or former partner
- 41% (37 of 91) of women killed by a partner/former partner had separated or taken steps to separate from him with 30% of them (11/37) killed within the first month and 70% (24/37) killed within the first year post separation
- 52% of perpetrators had previous histories of violence against the victim or other women
Our previous projects
Here’s Sara, making forum theatre about sexual bullying with a youth theatre:
Here’s Una’s work with University of Bedfordshire, to provide victim focused visual material for professionals working with child sexual exploitation.